Last Updated: 21/05/2020
Advertising Cookie and OPT-OUT
Anyone may opt-out of the Google cookie at any time by going to your Google Ad Settings. You may also opt-out of the Facebook cookie at any time by going to your Facebook Ad Settings.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up with or make a purchase from Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit with information from other Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. This won’t occur without your consent unless necessary for site security. This data is retained for as long as you have an active account with Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc.
- Log information – When you access the services of Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc via browser, application, or other clients, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Traffic information – When you access the services of Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc via browser, application, or other, clients we record certain information using our traffic analysis tool, Google Analytics. This information is stored in an anonymised manner but does include data such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send an email or other communications to Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services or products but never to send you communications that are not related to your purchases or that you haven’t opted into.
- Location data – Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc offers location-enabled services. If you use those services, Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID). This data is not recorded without your permission and is not held for any longer than the period required to deliver the specific service.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc processes personal information on our servers. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use your account on the Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc website to review and control the information stored in your Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc account. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information
When you use Fort Scratchley Historical Society Inc services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may also remain in our backup systems for a period of time.